You may be either a professional player or an amateur player. Still, you always need a fine racket to perform badminton techniques as well as possible. However, there are so many brands on the market that you do not know what to choose from.
If so, just continue with this article! There will be many useful pieces of information today, including:
- Overall knowledge about the Yonex brand
- Specific information about best Yonex badminton rackets
- Frequently asked questions about this topic
- Yonex Racket Brand
- Yonex badminton racket chart
- Our Top Picks for Best Yonex Badminton Rackets
- #1 Yonex Nanoray 20 badminton racket
- #2 Yonex Carbonex 8000 plus Badminton Racket
- #3 Yonex Muscle Power 29 Badminton Racket
- #4 Yonex Nanoray Light 18i Badminton Racquet
- #5 Yonex Muscle Power 3 Badminton Racquet
- #6 Yonex Voltric 200 Taufik Badminton Racket
- #7 Yonex Arcsaber Light 15i
- #8 Yonex Carbonex 21 Special Badminton Racket
- #9 Yonex 3U-G4 Nanoray D1 Badminton Racquet
- #10 Yonex Nanoray 10F Badminton Racquet
- #11 Yonex Muscle Power 2 Badminton Racket
- Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Yonex Badminton Rackets
Yonex Racket Brand
Yonex is a Japanese manufacturer that is specialized in sports equipment, including rackets, balls, shuttlecocks, clubs, etc., for many different kinds such as badminton, tennis, and golf.
Founded in 1946, the Yonex brand has an experience of nearly 75 years in this business. Also, it has sponsored as an official material for a lot of leagues, teams, and associations, which can be listed as Singapore Olympic Committees, Olympic Council of Malaysia.
Yonex badminton racket chart
From the chart, you can find the most suitable Yonex badminton racket for your style. See how to read the Yonex badminton racket chart.
Now, let’s come with detailed 10 Yonex racket reviews!
Our Top Picks for Best Yonex Badminton Rackets
Mentioning about Yonex rackets, we cannot miss the Nanoray series.
The Yonex Nanoray 20 badminton racket is one of the premium quality rackets from Yonex, the well-known racket brand on the market today. It comes with essential features, making your smashes efficient.
I will just list some main pros and cons of the Yonex Nanoray 20 here:
- Affordable price
- Speedy and active
- Both novices and intermediate players may use the Nanoray 20 badminton racket.
- It is very maneuvered when playing.
- It is not recommended for professional players.
- It is less powerful.
If you are looking for a badminton racket for both attacking and defensive players, then the Yonex Carbonex 8000 plus Badminton Racket is a wise choice. It provides users with more ultimate control when compared with other badminton rackets on the market.
Made of 100% carbon graphite, the shaft of this badminton racket gives users great tension and exceptional ability to reduce the vibrations and torsional distortion. This makes itself a good racket for players of all levels, especially beginners.
When it comes to the frame, it is made of aluminum, one of the lightest materials in the world. That is why this racquet is considered a Yonex lightweight badminton racket, which allows players to make a more accurate shot.
What is more, as it is applied with T-joint construction, the racket is capable of transmitting all of the forces from the shaft to the shuttlecock, which is powerful enough for even players who are favorite to smash.
However, the company does not provide a quality package with this product. Hence, you may need to ask the sellers for covering it carefully before shipping.
- 100% carbon graphite shaft
- T-joint construction
- Not coming with quality packages
Mentioning Yonex, the Japanese badminton racket brand, it can’t be denied that the manufacturer offers completely stable badminton rackets. The Yonex Muscle Power 29 Badminton Racket is also not an exception.
Coming with the color combination of black, blue, and white, the racket has a really attractive look. Also, it is completely unique on the market.
In addition, with a weight of 0.19 pounds, it is a 3U weight classification. Along with that, the grip size is G4. Combined with each other, the grip size and the weight makes the racket suitable for many types of players.
Furthermore, the shaft is made slimmer and 10mm longer than that of other rackets. Also, it is semi-stiff. In short, the shaft brings faster maneuverability and greater manipulation to the users.
Moreover, with the tightness in racket strings, you will be free of worries about wobblies or slack strings that can make you lose points. Besides, the string has already been attached, so you do not have to adjust it by yourself.
The only drawback is that it does not provide enough strength for advanced players.
- Attractive look
- Faster maneuverability
- Tight strings
- Not powerful enough for advanced players
Yonex is always famous for its high-end racquets. The racquets are used by the world’s top players and have helped them achieve a lot of success. And Yonex Nanoray Light 18i is one of the lightest Yonex badminton rackets that meet these basic needs.
It is head heavy and features a flexible shaft, which is easy for players to get used to and reach their full potential. For women, this is a racket suitable for women who play offensive style but can’t use heavy rackets.
In particular, the racket can withstand a very respectable force of up to 29.76 pounds. This makes it easy for players to control the direction of the shuttle, especially in cases where the shuttle is dropped close to the net.
Additionally, with aerodynamics installations on the top of the frame, it is good at repelling the shuttle in an immediate and accurate way. This enables a small movement to turn into stronger forces for smashing.
Nevertheless, some customers have complained about the low-quality delivery of this racket as some are delivered with scratches or defects.
- Flexible shaft
- Head heavy
- Aerodynamics installations
- Low-quality delivery
It is safe to say that Yonex is the leading manufacturer in terms of badminton rackets and other accessories. This is because the brand provides a wide range of choice of high-quality products – for all levels of players.
Take this Yonex Muscle Power 3, for example.
While the frame is constructed by aluminum, the shaft is made up of carbon and graphite. These materials are able to withstand strength, making it a durable and long-lasting racket.
Coming with a weight classification of 2U, the racket weighs about 0.20 pounds, which is a little heavier than its counterparts. This weight is absolutely helpful for those who practice smashes as it provides enough power for the shots.
Most interestingly, the sweet spot is made 30% larger. This helps users resist slipping and thus, control the game better.
The only thing you should take note is that it is somehow shorter, which can hinder the movements of the players when reaching the shuttlecock.
Durable and long-lasting
Larger sweet spot
As the mid-range racket, the Yonex Voltric 200 Taufik is still on the list and surprises us with its power and speed.
The racket is finished with red color, bringing itself a powerful appearance. Those who like a strong style can consider this product.
In addition to that, the Tri-Voltage System creates an extra repulsion force when hitting. This badminton racket is a good choice for the fast drive and forehand shots.
Meanwhile, the isometric head shape allows the users to have a larger sweet spot, giving you more accuracy when repelling the shuttle.
However, its drawbacks include difficult maneuvers and lack of speed in defense.
- Extra repulsion force
- Larger sweet spot
- Difficulty in maneuvering
As far as the ArcSaber series is concerned, you are assured that they have great control, accuracy, and power. One among those all-rounder rackets is the Arcsaber Light 15i.
If you have got used to other rackets of the Yonex brand, then don’t worry! The weight and the grip size are similar, which is 4U and G4, respectively, so it does not take a long time to adjust to the new one.
The small difference is the even balance. Meanwhile, others have a head-light or a head heavy balance. The even balance means that you do not need too much effort, making it easy to handle.
Besides, this Yonex racket is medium flex, which is good for novices who have not mastered the swing speed.
However, in terms of smashes, it may not be able to meet your demands.
- Typical grip size and weight
- Even balance
- Good for novices
- Not optimized for smashes
Finished with black color, the Yonex Carbonex 21 Special brings users a solid and unique feeling. Not only that, but it also has many cool features that are worth appreciating.
First of all, let’s talk a little bit about the frame. It is made thinner and square, which creates a solid appearance and also helps to increase overall stability.
Secondly, thanks to the T-joint construction, the racket itself is resistant to torque and shock, allowing it to deliver powerful hits.
Last but not least, it is crafted from high modulus graphite. This means it is lightweight enough for even novice players.
The minor disadvantage is that it has quite a smaller sweet spot than its counterparts.
- Solid appearance
- Powerful hits
- Smaller sweet spot
Installed with many latest technologies, the Yonex 3U-G4 Nanoray D1 provides users with great and fast control on the court. Not only that, but it also has many cool features that are worth appreciating.
The manufacturer has applied the new aero frame that is specifically designed for those playing backcourt with extreme speed.
What is more, the top of the frame sides is thinner, which can minimize the air resistance. Meanwhile, the thicker bottom, along with the frame stiffness, can produce more repulsion.
Furthermore, the carbon nanotube material can contribute to toughness and strength, sharpening shots, and improving handling.
Nevertheless, weak wrists players may find this racket difficult to control and play due to the stiff shaft.
- New aero frame
- More repulsion power
- Carbon nanotube material
- Difficult for weak wrist players
If you are looking for a racket for beginners, then the Yonex Nanoray 10F is a wise choice. Why is it? Let’s take a look at its features.
The grip size is G4 and the weight is 4U. Combined with that, it uses the BG3 string. All these technical measurements are just right for many novice players.
Additionally, it features isometric technology, which is also found in many other wonderful rackets of the brand. This helps you repel the shuttle more accurately and consistently.
Besides, the support cap makes the surface 88% larger, allowing players to maneuver better.
Nevertheless, it is a head-light balance racket, so it is not suitable for aggressive players.
- Isometric technology
- More accurate shots
- 88% larger surface
- Not for aggressive players
The last product we would like to introduce to you today is the Yonex Muscle Power 2. It is one of the best badminton rackets with low price on the market.
In terms of weight, it is slightly different from other rackets. It comes with the 1U classification, which means it is heavier.
Although it is good for aggressive and intermediate players, beginners may have some difficulties in controlling.
Moreover, it is pre-strung by the manufacturer. Hence, you will not need to do it by yourself if you do not know much about this. Fantastic!
Plus, the power frame used in the racket is capable of reducing fatigue and stress when playing in a long time.
- Reducing fatigue and stress
- Heavy and not for beginners
Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Yonex Badminton Rackets
Which Series is Best in Yonex?
In fact, it is difficult to tell which series is the best in Yonex as each serves different purposes.
While the Muscle Power series is for basic playing style, advanced players should choose Voltric, Astox, or Duora series.
Meanwhile, those who like delivering quick and accurate shots can use Nanoray or ArcSaber series.
Thus, determining the best series in Yonex depends largely on your style of playing.
Is Li Ning better than Yonex?
In fact, the Yonex brand has been in this business for nearly 75 years, which means they have more experience. In the meantime, Li Ning has only 30 years of experience. Hence, when it comes to experience, it is obvious that Yonex is more superior.
But when it comes to quality, it should be assessed upon the feeling of users.
How to read the Yonex badminton rackets chart?
You can see there are X-Axis and Y-Axis for determining 4 features of a good badminton racket: soft-feeling, solid-feeling, heavy head, light head. The circle border’s color represents the Yonex badminton series, and the color inside the circle represents how beginner-friendly the racket is.
For example: for a beginner, it’s recommended to use the Yonex Nanoray 20 badminton racket (NR20).
What do I need to consider when buying a Yonex badminton racket?
Yonex traditionally classifies its ranges of rackets based on balances. This makes it easier for everyone to choose a Yonex badminton racket, because by choosing the right balance type you can focus on that range. The current ranges of Yonex badminton rackets are as follows:
- Head-Heavy – Yonex Astrox. Head-Heavy badminton rackets provide the highest possible power, allowing you to deliver sharp corner kicks and perform quick and long kicks without a significant reduction in speed.
- Even Balance – Yonex Duora. Yonex Duora badminton rackets are designed for maximum performance thanks to two unique frame shapes in one racket head, which allow for powerful forward strikes and equally fast rear strikes.
- Head-Light – Yonex Nanoray. Yonex Nanoray Badminton Rackets are designed for ultra-fast reflections thanks to an aerodynamic racket that maximizes your speed and power.
Each range has it’s own pros and cons, wisely choose the most suitable racket for your purpose will improve your performance a lot.
What are the Yonex badminton racket series?
- ASTROX Series: Lead the attack with increased power and control.
- NANOFLARE Series
- DUORA Series: DUORA’s cutting edge technology places two unique frame shapes into one revolutionary racquet. Command the court with powerful forehands and equally fast backhands.
- NANORAY Series: NANORAY provides a fast and controlled swing with enhanced repulsion for players who force their opponents into the back of the court with extreme speed.
- VOLTRIC Series: Combining incredible power and fast racquet handling for the first time, VOLTRIC is the perfect racquet for players seeking exceptional ‘all-round’ performance.
- ARCSABER Series: By storing and then releasing energy, ARCSABER delivers precise shot-making for players seeking a higher level of control.
- Carbonex Series: The round-shape head with box-shaped frame cross section gives Carbonex a unique and solid feeling. For players who seek a solid feel from the strings at impact.
- MUSCLE POWER Series: A unique frame construction integrates the frame and string like no other racquet. For players who seek fast movement and effortless power with an easy feel.
- ISOMETRIC Series: ISOMETRIC racquets equalize the length of the main and cross strings in the string-bed, enlarging the sweet spot for more consistent accuracy even on off-center hits.
- B-Series: Entry-level racquets for casual players.
- Junior Series: YONEX has created a range of racquets specially designed for younger players. Whatever your age or ability, there is a YONEX racquet for your game.
All in all, the Yonex has a long badminton history and will not let us down. The manufacturer has always provided high-quality products at many different prices for different players.
We have included our best Yonex badminton rackets in the article. Hopefully, you can now understand more about the brand and its products. Good luck with your choice!
Also see related posts: